A new stone wall is being added to the traditional hebridean style blackhouse at Highland Village Museum this summer. The addition will be used to fence in livestock. Made of dry fieldstone and boulders, the stone wall is about one metre high and wide. Like the blackhouse, it is built in the traditional style of dry stonework. The fence connects directly to the blackhouse, allowing animals access to the byre, a part of the home that, at times, was used to house the animals. Stonemason John Urich, and builders Steve Griffiths and Sandy MacNeil, are constructing the wall. Originally from Austria, Mr. Urich has been doing masonry work since 1954. Over the years, he has done restoration work on various historic sites throughout Canada, including the Fortress of Louisbourg and Ben Breagh. The Highland Village Museum/ An Clachan Gàidhealach is located in Iona overlooking the Bras d’Or Lakes. It is a part of the Nova Scotia Museum family. For further information call 902-725-2272, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , or visit the website at http://highlandvillage.museum.gov.ns.ca .